As the end of the school year approaches and everyone is deciding the best way to spend June through August, I thought I would put together a succinct and clear explanation of why RLT is the best option for teen summer travel.
1. Our Staff • We recruit, interview, hire and train the best staff. Period. We literally choose from hundreds of applicants to find just the right fit for our mission and summer goals. It is our understanding that our leader training, in beautiful Colorado, is one of longest and most thorough in the industry. Covering every possible situation that may come up in the field, we send our Wilderness First Responder certified leaders into the field with the necessary knowledge and skill set to run an amazing program.
2. Our Connections • We have built relationships and friendships with organizations, experts and communities during our 22 years of operation. Our ethic of responsible travel has been demonstrated time and time again, giving us support around the world. We are honored to return each year to work alongside our associates and provide a meaningful service.
One example of an expert that we partner with is Mr. Ken Nedimyer, who was recently named a CNN Hero. Click here to read more.
3. We Are B-Corp Certified • By joining us, you will be supporting a new evolution in corporate responsibility. This past year we became B-Corp certified and a Benefit Corporation. We received this distinction due to our commitment to environmental conservation and social good. Click here to read more.
4. Communication • Our core office staff will provide you with all you need, from start to finish. We are available everyday throughout the summer and will keep you up-to-date on what the group is doing through tweets, calls and web updates.
Our social channels are updated frequently to keep you informed, entertained and engaged. Click here to see them all.
5. The Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) • We here at RLT are proud to be an official, registered certifying organization approved to review, verify and distribute this high honor. A summer spent on one of our service learning programs will earn you this award.
6. Our Experience • We have been working for 22 years in the field. We have seen it all and know how to run the safest, most responsible and efficiently organized teen summer programs. Call us. Speak to our alumni. Read our reviews. We are proud of what we’ve done and look forward to another 22 years of success.
7. A Summer of Life Changing Travel • A summer on “The Road” will provide you with stories for a lifetime and experiences that impact you in fundamental ways that sometimes you don’t recognize until years later. Your summer with us is just the beginning. Past students and staff of ours can speak to this truth much better than we ever could:
We are excited to have you join us and are honored that you would trust us with your son or daughter. From all of us here, we encourage you to join us on The Road Less Traveled.